1. Column Dressing
The longer you look, the slimmer you look. Learn your colour and wear them monochromatically. Dressing in a column of colours gives the illusion that you are taller and slimmer
2. Lengthen your look
Match your shoe tone to your hem. Dark with dark, light with light. Nude shoes also create a longer look. Avoid ankle straps or anything that makes your legs look shorter. The more open your shoe, the longer your leg. Heels help!
3. Loosen Up
Avoid clothes that are too tight or too clingy. A slightly looser fit is much more flattering. They don’t need to be baggy though, just slightly looser.
Use accessories cleverly. A fabulous long necklace or soft scarf hanging down is lengthening, while a pair of interesting earrings will have everyone looking at your face and not your hips.
Think KISS: Keep it Simple Stylish! The simpler the style, the longer you look. Keep styles chic and wear V-necks or open necks. Avoid clutter and too many ruffles.
6. Most important, Don’t forget the golden rule! Never end any garment at the widest point of your body.
· Jackets that finish at the widest point on your hips
· Skirts that end at the fullest part of your legs
· Short sleeves if you have a full bust or wide arms
· Short tops if you have a wide waist